What we're loving, right now.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh How I Love a Good Book...

I am a lover of books. Reading is a passion and my taste ranges from classics to cookbooks. I also can't resist a great book shop; I love the hunt and have been known to spend many hours reading in the aisles. I had heard for months and months about Omnivore Books in Noe Valley, San Francisco. Unfortunately it took me quite sometime to make it over for a visit, but I have to admit the words better late than never really rung true for me on this trip.


Friends had described it as a little shop filled to the brim with books, new and old, devoted to food & drink. Boy they weren't kidding. I was over-whelmed by the volume and mix of titles they stock. There are shelves and shelves filled with books; luckily the proprietor is a lovely, patient woman who happily answers questions and makes recommendations. I was lucky enough to be able to gift myself a signed copy of Out of the Kitchen by Jeannette Ferrary.


The shop is small and warm with a very knowledgeable staff. If you are looking for a gift this holiday season, for the foodie in your life, they have many signed copies of new and perennial favorites. On a side note this spot used to be a butcher shop; this owner kept some of the old fixtures definitely check them out they really do add to the total fanciful feeling of the store.


Omnivore Books on Food
3885a Cesar Chavez Street
San Francisco, CA

Check it out soon!
Xoxo, Coco

No comments:

Post a Comment